Ways to Earn CECH
According to the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME), there are three approved providers of education in Florida (click on the links below to access events offering CECH):
2. Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
3. PRESENT e-Learning Systems, LLC
Board Rule Approved Providers:
- Approved courses listed in CE Broker
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
- Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Hospital Association (AHA)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium:
Please see Rule 64B18-17.001 and 64B18-17.003, Florida Administrative Code for detailed information regarding the below methods of obtaining continuing education.
- Pro Bono Service
- Active Board Members
- Former Board Members Serving on a Probable Cause Panel
- Attendance at a Board Meeting
- Volunteer Expert Witness
- Hospital Scientific Programs
- Residency Programs in Podiatric Medicine
- Business Meetings of Local Component or State Organized Component of American Podiatric Medical Association
- Teaching of Board Approved Continuing Education Courses (64B18-17.004, F.A.C.)
- 766.1115, Florida Statutes – “Volunteer Health Care Provider Program”
- 381.00593, Florida Statutes – “Public School Volunteer Health Care Practitioner Act”
- Up to eight (8) hours per biennium is allowed for Home Study Courses*.
*Per the Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine: For the 2020-2022 biennial renewal period, there shall be no cap on the number of credit hours that a licensed podiatric physician may receive for continuing education hours obtained through home study continuing education.
- Up to four (4) hours per year, total of eight (8) hours per biennium is allowed for Hospital Scientific Programs.
- Podiatric physicians enrolled in hospital-sponsored Residency Programs for a year may be credited with fifteen (15) hours for each of no more than two (2) years.
- Up to four (4) hours per year, total of eight (8) hours per biennium is allowed for attending FPMA Component Meetings (attending an FPMA component meeting earns a MAXIMUM of 1.0 Scientific CECH per meeting).