Through its affiliation with the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) and First National Guild for Health Care Providers of the Lower Extremity, FPMA offers its members many services and benefits, including eligibility for participation in group health, life, and disability insurance programs. A full list of these benefits is available by contacting the
Some of the services and programs offered to FPMA members include:
- NCSPlus Incorporated - NCSPlus offers low cost, effective, fixed-fee collection services. FPMA members who enroll in this program will receive a Free Bonus Upgrade Package. For more information, call 1-800-363-7215 ext. 4560 or send an e-mail to
- Quick Notes - Quick Notes offers state-of-the-art software solutions for podiatric physicians and their staffs. FPMA members receive a 15% software discount for any new systems and productivity packages purchased. Call toll-free at 1-800-899-2468 or send an e-mail to
- Payment Processing Consultants, Inc. (PPC) - FPMA members can save 25 - 40% on credit card processing costs. PPC can guide members through accepting procurement and credit card payments or switching from an existing processor. Call 1-888-282-5384 to learn more and get a free, no-obligation cost estimate or comparison to your current processor.
- OPEIU Guild Member Benefits - There are many ways that OPEIU Guild membership can benefit your bottom line, including a new Identity Theft benefit. To view a list of available OPEIU Guild member benefits, click here.
- FPMA Insurance Services - Insurance plans for your family or practice. Call toll-free at 1-866-822-1753 or send an e-mail to
for more information. Coverage currently offered includes: group and individual health; individual long-term disability and office overhead expense; office package; long-term care; life insurance; workers' compensation, fidelity bonds, Medicare supplements; and pension/retirement.
- IC System - FPMA has recommended this collection service since 1989. This nationally recognized system delivers effective, ethical, and cost-effective solutions to collecting large and small debts. They can be reached at 1-800-279-6620. Tell them you are a member of the Florida Podiatric Medical Association (FPMA).
- PMAF (Podiatric Medical Assurance of Florida) - PMAF offers a complete service package for practitioners in search of liability insurance. PMAF was created by and is available only to FPMA members. Program highlights include: lowest responsible rates; claims free discount; risk management discount; board certification discount; part time discount; new practitioner discount; prior acts coverage; convenient payment options; corporate coverage; Medicare/Medicaid legal defense endorsement; admitted insurance carrier; all claims reviewed by podiatric physicians and surgeons; exclusive to association members; surgical and non-surgical programs. For more information, call (877) 261-7622 or (610) 770-6600, ext. 104.
- Seay Management - Free Telephone Consulting on Human Resource Issues. When you have questions about these matters and need an answer, simply call (407) 722-7667 or send an e-mail to Jennifer McBennett at
. Identify yourself as an FPMA member and ask to speak to a consultant. They will talk with you about your specific situation, answer your questions, and provide you with advice and recommendations to resolve the issue.
- APMA Member Benefits - At the national level, APMA offers extensive benefits, including legislative advocacy, educational programs, travel services, professional purchase discounts, and affinity programs, such as car rentals and credit card processing.
Additional Benefits of Membership
Office Depot Discount Program - APMA Members can now receive savings of up to 80 percent on office and school supplies from Office Depot. Click here for details.
Expert Assistance with billing, coding, practice management issues - Members can call FPMA for assistance with these issues through our committee experts in these fields.
800 Assistance Numbers for APMA and FPMA - Staff members can answer questions and address concerns our members have anytime a member calls. Calls are toll-free for your convenience.
Publications, Digital Newsletters, and Blast e-mails from APMA and FPMA -Publications include the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association (JAPMA), FPMA Footprints, and APMA News, as well as digital newsletters such as APMA Weekly Focus and APMA News Brief. FPMA also keeps its members abreast of the latest Association news and upcoming events by periodically sending out FPMA Blast e-mails.
Access to Members Only Areas of the FPMA and APMA Websites - Your username will allow you to access the "Members Only" areas of each website. These areas contain information such as updates on relevant legislative issues, Medicare coding and Medicare reimbursement Q&A, meeting schedules, and regulatory information, to name just a few of the features.
Free and Substantially Reduced Fees for FPMA and APMA Educational Programs - These include the annual FPMA Science and Management Symposium (SAM) and the APMA National Convention.
Discount on PICA Insurance Premiums - As an FPMA member, you are eligible for a discount on your PICA insurance premiums if you attend a PICA-sponsored Risk Management event, which is offered for no additional charge at the annual FPMA Science and Management Symposium (SAM).
Discount on PMAF Insurance Premiums - As an FPMA member, you are eligible for a discount on your PMAF insurance premiums if you attend a PMAF-sponsored Risk Management event, which is offered for no additional charge at the annual FPMA Science and Management Symposium (SAM).
Free and Reduced Cost Educational Materials - FPMA and APMA members have access to extremely valuable free and reduced cost educational materials upon request. You can view the presentation materials available from FPMA here.
For additional information about FPMA Membership, click on the links below:
FPMA Application Packet
Meet Our Members